View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
V8Killer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: It Hard Till It Pops
V8Killer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh1te370z View Post
red6spd he will most def make those numbers w that motor. those motors are crazy. my buddy has one in his 89 GTA they sell a kit thats heads and a cam and the car make around 550 rwhp (proven all over f-body forums and magizines), they are about 300rwhp stock.

As a referance to the OP. I did a run w a 2010 camaro SS (dont know if it was a stick or auto) and i took him by about maybe 2 cars? in a little over a 1/4 mile. on paper those cars are faster.

Your buddies BIGGEST problem is hooking up. I had a 95 Firebird that put around 350 to the wheels and i could barely get it to hook up with nitto DR and a some susp work, Shocks, springs, LCA, LCA relocators, and other ods and ends. His car also weights 400lbs more stock for stock. I think it should be a good race. If he hooks youll have a problem if he spins half of first gear or has a bad lanuch u got him. just my $.02
Ya I think that is what it will boil down too is launch. If I can just get a better 60fter than him I might be able to pull this one off. He did mention to me that he wanted to get a new rear end but he can't afford to do that right now. I'll def. post the results when this happens should be Sept. 17th when we all go to the track.

Your race with the 2010 SS mods for either car?

Too much to list and a baby shot of nitrous....