View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #4308 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
On yesterday's kenchan, a couple of ricer kids in a work-in-progress CRX pulled up next to me at a light and tried to goad me into a race. I did what was a typical launch for me when I'm at the front of the line and have open road in front of me; Putting as much power down as I can without squealing the tyres and quickly accelerating to the speed limit. The CRX driver dumped the clutch as he was letting off the gas and stalled it at the light.
I never could understand why ricers do the whole womp-womp-womp revving thing while... well, while pulling away from any stopped position.
They caught up to me with a ricer fly-by, hit the brakes hard and rode next to me with their engine bouncing off the rev limiter. I was quite impressed!
lol. over the weekend i had a hellaflushthetoilet MR2 following me around after my quick photoshoot. He lined up next to me and was waiting for the road to merge past this one intersection. obviously i sensed he wanted me to gun it to see if his hellaflushatoilet could smoke the living shitt out of the kenchan. so as usual i just slowed down to let the boy pass. the light at the intersection ahead was green but suddenly we saw this hyundai running a redlight about 100ft in front of us. doh!

if i would've gunned it a second or two earlier, that flushatoilet would've been broadsided and really flushed down the toilet. so i saved the boy's life... yet he still floored the living crap out of his flushatoilet after we passed the intersection going well over 80 in a 35mph zone. these kids just dont get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
So, Kenchan is a name, a noun and a verb. Cool.
hummm...im a busy guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEHBOY View Post
my Z seen rain for the first time today
my G looks like a moving pile of crap right now with all the grime from the last few days of rain. naw, she actually looks pretty clean cause rain sheets off of it thanks to my sealant... but needs a nice wash tonight fo sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Haha speaking of which, the new Kia Optima was indeed our rental car to Houston. It's probably our best rental car compared to the Cobalt and Focus. People actually stop me to ask about the car, and I tell them it's a rental. Furthermore, my parent's '08 Accord was traded in for a turbo Sonata last month.

Haha... on topic, I ghetto-rigged my camera to my steering wheel (upside down) with masking tape to record various "before" videos yesterday. A good video for comparision is probably the 3rd gear pull to redline from 50 MPH.
in all honestly that optima looks better than any corolla and the new civic's. so KIA is on the right path. it actually reminds me of a lexus when looked at from certain angles. accord getting its arse handed by a sonata turbo, huh? well, the current accord isn't THAT impressive so it was just a matter of time, huh? honda's are very lacking these days as far as fun cars. i use to be more of a honda guy but now im a Nissan guy.

i probably use masking tape the most ouf of all tapes i use. it's great. unlike duct tape no residue, easy to cut with your fingers, pretty strong for temporary solution, etc.