View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #4289 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
Digi- sorry to hear that! but GL! Stick around.
No fear, Ken! My gf and I just came back from Houston over a week ago for vacation and visiting her parents, and now it's time for the Z to visit Houston... Baker Nissan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachZTT View Post
Awesome, best of luck with your build and we will be anxiously watching the updates!
Definitely happy to join the TT club soon... it will only be the 400whp club, though. HA! Like your Z32, I'm hoping to get back some of the old feeling with this car with the turbos. When I sat in Baker Nissan's Silvia, the gritty turbocharged engine felt so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Ooooh, yeah. GTM baby! Lots of pics required!

RU going to do the lower manifold at the same time?
Thank you! I'm putting together a before and after video. It will consist of dyno footage from Baker, engine start and rev, casual acceleration, 3rd gear pull 50-80 MPH, and 1-3rd to 80 MPH. It's not quite pushing it, but hopefully it's enough to capture the differences in feeling. I originally wanted to use two cameras to get exterior and tach footage for a video overlay, but didn't have the time or have the tools to do it.

Unfortunately, no VR38 lower manifold. I haven't heard anything from Mike or GTM about their progress. Knowing that it involves custom fuel rails, it's best to wait until this kit matures far out of the beta stage. Someday, though... I'll keep my plenum as a wall decoration or something.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 07-28-2011 at 08:01 AM.