View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #118 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

I need cooling ducts as my AP Racing rotors are starting to crack from heat fatigue, but that's besides the point. It can happen hot or cold, the ABS controller just can't keep up with the changing variables of weight transfer, pad fade and altering surfaces. The best combative solution I've found is to keep the car reasonably stiff (sorry stock guys), don't run a ridiculously aggressive bite pad (but must be high temperature), minimize revs on downshift to minimize engine braking (shift later), and move the brake bias forward slightly by running a slightly less aggressive rear compound compared to the front. If I follow that recipe I don't get ice mode.