View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #123 (permalink)
11Thumper
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z, '01 S2k
11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Get your trans checked.

The 1-2 and 2-1 can feel clunky (probably because 2 and up has full lock up), but in general, unless you just hate autos, this is the trans that has changed the mind of traditional "MT only" car guys.
Yes and no. If I were to do it over again I would give more consideration to the 6MT. This auto is nice, no doubt. I've always driven stick but lately there's too much stressing my life and I wanted an easier commute. I would rather listen to tunes and not focus as much on the drive every morning and afternoon with the rest of the sheep.

If this was my weekend toy no doubt about it...6MT. I bought this to be my 'practical' DD.

This auto works just fine and the manual mode is great. The car has more than enough power for canyon runs with the auto and never feels slow at all. I do miss the clutch when there is no traffic or when I'm getting on it, but I have other vehicles for that.

Can't go wrong either way, both are great. If you don't mind stick shift in traffic get the 6MT. I did it for almost 20 years straight and was ok with it, but wanted something different for this car since I'll keep it about 6-8 years.