View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saca View Post
Great points. I'm trying to consider all factors given the availability of the 370z and its just mind boggling. I believe that unless I wait it will come down to 7at base/sport pkg vs 6mt/base. The 6mt/base would be more affordable. Would it be as fun?
MT is always fun. In certain types of tracking, like auto x and complex circuits, the control is crucial from the 6mt. You save 1300 bucks as well. But my experience with the 7 at is you don't lose out on fun. Its a very capable transmission. In stock form its faster and shifts are ultra smooth on the paddles. The stick on th AT has a different behavior from the paddles. It shifts a little slower and the car has a retro jerky feel. I like it. It reminds me of the old days. When I need smoother more responsive shifts, I go to paddles. The auto is great in bad traffic. If you are in bad traffic often? The auto has more of an advantage to your quality of life. If it won't be your DD. The stick may have a more purist quality to your driving experience. I personally love the 7at though. Test drive em bro. Its the only way to be sure.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote