View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #111 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
I still contend the Car and Driver crash was not a brake fade issue. It was more likely ice mode with somone who had never expereinced this Ice mode issue to extent it happens with 370Z.

C&D wrote it off as car just needing differnt pads. I suspect the car would have been just as bad with upgraded Nismo pads.

I have driven a lot of cars with ABS on the track and the system in 370Z is the worst by far I have ever expereinced. The system releases far too aggressively and doesnt recover quickly enough.

I truly worry about inexpereinced drivers expereincing this issue as they could easily panic and end up hurting themselves and others.
I thought that at first as well, but they also said the pads wore down to the backing plates and the pedal went to the floor indicating they boiled the fluid (due to having no pad material to insulate the caliper).