View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
^^ This ^^. I don't think the dealers know. Unknown's anger is misplaced, although his frustration is certainly understandable. Tsunami's are a bitch, huh?
I think you're right that they don't know. But they DO know that ordering has been slim to none for 4 months now, and they DO know there was a tsunami that put things out of whack. And THIS is the information they should be telling us. Not just, "oh yeah, we'll take your order now and your $1000 deposit, everything is fine and dandy, yippy!" What they should be saying is, "well, due to the tsunami production schedules are in a sate of flux, and no one really knows what to expect right now. I can take your information, and when I do get more information (or an allocation) I'll give you a call and we can go from there." I have contacted 9 dealers now, and only 2 have given me the honest truth. All 7 others are faking their way through. 5 told me sure no problem, but when I asked about an allocation they realized I was no average Joe and they promptly shut up. 2 of them are even trying to sell me other cars, other than the Z.

I realize there was a tsunami, and I realize it messed things up. I don't mind waiting for a car (as long as the 2012 models aren't changed and the price doesn't go crazy higher). It would just be nice to get even a trickle of real information from Nissan. I mean by now there has to be a projected plan. So what is it? This waiting month to month only to get another "no" answer is frustrating and disappointing.
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote