View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #100 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

travisjb, the link was great. Did you notice that one of the posters cited similar problems in the Lotus community? According to that post the problem was solved by increasing the capacity of the vacuum tank and replacing the the check valve. There was a difference of opinion as to if it really was a vacuum problem but I find it to be an interesting theory nonetheless.

Now I don't track my car but I do enjoy tracking down the answers to this sort of problem. Let's face it, spooky brakes are no fun on the road or the track, so I'm interested in this issue just the same as I'm interested in the boiling brake fluid/brake cooling issues that concern many members of the Z community. For me, a bulletproof set of brakes is a requirement on the street just as it is on the track . It could be the computer, in fact it probably is the computer, but I do believe an investigation of the vacuum issue is warranted and easily done and that's why I am advocating for an investigation of the possibility of this being the cause. Hey, if it's not a vacuum issue, well that's one less thing to worry about.

Last edited by Guard Dad; 07-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote