View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #3575 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

So what I did with my Z.... let's start with yesterday.

Since I had my 3M clear bra installed on my hood earlier this week, there were some leftover soap solution that my installer used for applying the clear bra. The solution was dried up and on the other parts of the car withOUT clear bra. That was ok, since I told him not to touch the rest of the paint of the car

So stupid me, I washed it with ONR after the drive home, but the hood was still hot... so, the ONR dried up before I could properly dry it with FK425. Needless to say, I left some minor etching on my paint So I whipped my Flex and PC, and used Menz PO106FFF on the hood, then glazed with CG EZ Creme, then sealed with Jetseal109, then 1 coat of SN Hybrid.

ahhhh paint imperfection gone.

Then this morning, I proceeded to 2 bucket wash her at 6 am, blow dried, then QD'd with FK. Then I topped her with Pinnacle Sig Series II... mmmm.. best part, as I was washing and waxing, 2 older gentlemen were walking this morning and commented on my car, giving props left and right. Coming from them, I was humbled. This one guy even said he had a 280Z in the past... and he wanted to get one of these "new Z's" really soon

(p.s. I never got comments like this with any other "sporty" car I've owned)

I love our Z's!!!!
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra