View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #3573 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
thanks for the info. yah, been reading and watching a lot of reviews between the 3100 and 550D and im tired. lol will check one out in person hopefully over the weekend just to feel the difference. one might fit better in my hand, wat not.

i am planning to get the UV protector lens and circular polarizer though as i prefer to adjust the image to best match my actual car in real time before taking them home and adjusting it some more if needed.

and obviously i will try to take picts on a cloudy day as much as possible without the circular polarizer, but having tools to fix saturation on a sunny day would be a worthwhile investment... i wont have the luxury to go back later to re-take the picts the same day.
Mr. Kenchan -- this sounds like a good plan. It is helpful to make sure the camera feels good in your hands. I will spare you analogies about things that feel good in ones hands.

Anyway, I think the filter and camera choices are solid. It is true that photoshop can correct a multitude of exposure sins, but it is far better to start with a well-exposed and composed image.

A previous poster said shooting in RAW format is a good way to go and that is true if you want the maximum flexibility in your photo editing software. Keep in mind that this file format is quite huge -- 4 to 5 times bigger than hi res jpg.

Good luck and have a great weekend, man.