View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #3572 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Ken... just to add something here, since I was reading to get caught up with your DSLR status

You do know that though the filters mentioned prior are nice, you can do ALL that and then some, but just editing it with the software that comes with it? Essentially, any photo editing software would work. You can do ANYthing to your photos, esp when shot in RAW mode. You can add/remove flash/flash effects if taken without/with flash, add sun tones (to replicate dusk or dawn), add filtering characteristics, etc etc. In other words, the benefit is, you don't have lug filters around or have them on your camera body. Just download the pic file, and modify/change the file you want to.

I just have the basic VR lens that came with mine, and another similar one for the ability to zoom from further away. That's it... for 90% or more of your needs, that should be sufficient.
thanks for the info. yah, been reading and watching a lot of reviews between the 3100 and 550D and im tired. lol will check one out in person hopefully over the weekend just to feel the difference. one might fit better in my hand, wat not.

i am planning to get the UV protector lens and circular polarizer though as i prefer to adjust the image to best match my actual car in real time before taking them home and adjusting it some more if needed.

and obviously i will try to take picts on a cloudy day as much as possible without the circular polarizer, but having tools to fix saturation on a sunny day would be a worthwhile investment... i wont have the luxury to go back later to re-take the picts the same day.