View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #3571 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
cool, thanks!! yah, i think D3100 is probably best for me...

great to hear.

Ken... just to add something here, since I was reading to get caught up with your DSLR status

You do know that though the filters mentioned prior are nice, you can do ALL that and then some, but just editing it with the software that comes with it? Essentially, any photo editing software would work. You can do ANYthing to your photos, esp when shot in RAW mode. You can add/remove flash/flash effects if taken without/with flash, add sun tones (to replicate dusk or dawn), add filtering characteristics, etc etc. In other words, the benefit is, you don't have lug filters around or have them on your camera body. Just download the pic file, and modify/change the file you want to.

I just have the basic VR lens that came with mine, and another similar one for the ability to zoom from further away. That's it... for 90% or more of your needs, that should be sufficient.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra