View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #3565 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
You can't go wrong with either one. Both companies make really good SLR's. The Nikon "feels" better IMO. Go to a shop or even Best Buy to see which one you like better. Also, the thing with DSLR's is at least they tend to hold their value a lot longer. When your ready to upgrade, you can easily get back most of your investment & use towards a better one.

Live View isn't all that handy for DSLR's actually and you get a better sense of how the image should be framed using a viewfinder. Nice to have but not a deal breaker. Usefull if your doing any macro photography or any video though.

Go for the D5100 if you can. I believe the D3100 has live view also.
cool, thanks!! yah, i think D3100 is probably best for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Nikon and Canon are pretty equal. I have a Canon DSLR only because I have always had Canons with excellent results.
great to hear.