View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #3562 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
nice job! i do this all the time on my cars too.

thanks! i will check this out for sure.

been reading the reviews on amazon for the D3000... one thing that's not going to work for me on the D3000 right off the bat is that it cant show the image on the LCD view finder live.. so im now looking at the D5100 instead...

any recommendations from Canon? i dont want to spend too much but i dont want to spend on a crappy camera either... (per mr.onzedge recommendation...get a tad more than intended budget)
You can't go wrong with either one. Both companies make really good SLR's. The Nikon "feels" better IMO. Go to a shop or even Best Buy to see which one you like better. Also, the thing with DSLR's is at least they tend to hold their value a lot longer. When your ready to upgrade, you can easily get back most of your investment & use towards a better one.

Live View isn't all that handy for DSLR's actually and you get a better sense of how the image should be framed using a viewfinder. Nice to have but not a deal breaker. Usefull if your doing any macro photography or any video though.

Go for the D5100 if you can. I believe the D3100 has live view also.