View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #3558 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
so she did a burn-out dorifuto into the garage?

anyway hope you dont find any scratches...

btw, i can't find the Neutral Density filter at B&H.... where to buy such filter lens?
I can't get on the B&H website for some reason, but here's a link to a local shop I go to. There are different kinds depending on how dark you want to go, but the one below allows you to adjust. I usually go with Hoya, but I don't think they make a variable ND filter.

Polaroid 52mm HD Multi-Coated Variable Range Neutral Density Filter

Just know that because your allowing less light in with a ND filter, your shutter speed will need to be longer to achieve a correct exposure. You might need a tripod or at least a flat surface to keep your images sharp.

Note: Don't confuse with the graduated neutral density filter which has only has half the filter dark.

Also, I would take some shots without buying the filter first to see if you really need it. You'll get better results buying a book on photography than any filter. You could get away with just adjusting how your camera exposes the image. It's where one subject could underexposed and another could be overexposed in the same frame that filters come in handy.... or if you want to capture blurred movement in bright situtations like a waterfall.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 07-07-2011 at 03:44 PM.