View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #3547 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
The hood and polarizer will work together.

I was not suggesting using the polarizer all the time, just when around glare. A polarizing filter was the first filter I ever purchased for my first SLR, a Canon FTB I got in 1974 or so and I have always had one available for my lenses from all of the film SLRs I have (and have had) to the lenses I use on my DSLR -- a Canon EOS 7D.

sounds great! yah, first issue i have with taking picts in the daylight with my digital cam or my droidx is glare and werd/fuzzy contrast. i want the depth so will get the polarizer for the times i need it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
You can use a cicular polarizer with a hood, but depending on the lens and hood, it might be hard to use together. To use a circular polarizer, use need to be able to adjust it. It's not like a UV filter that you just put on. You turn it to adjust.

You might be better off with a neutral density filter with direct sunlight shots.
thanks.... huh, 'neutral density filter'... yet another new term i need to study.