View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #3546 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hey thanks for the insight. although i have some change and some toys to play with, i just dont have the luxury to choose which time to take picts. being a dad and working all week long i only get like 2-3hrs per morning on weekends to really play with my cars. which means, i dont get to choose sunny or cloudy. if rainy then obviously i just stay indoors. that said, i need a setup that could work on sunny days as well...and that means i need to have a circular polarizer, no?

nikon offers a factory hood for the lens, i think i will pick one up as well.
im not sure how the polarizer works, but does the hood need to come off when i use the polarizer?

you see, such newb questions... kinda like some of you folks asking... so how to use washlet. do i just press a button and enjoy myself? wow, that's some strong schit!!
You can use a cicular polarizer with a hood, but depending on the lens and hood, it might be hard to use together. To use a circular polarizer, use need to be able to adjust it. It's not like a UV filter that you just put on. You turn it to adjust.

You might be better off with a neutral density filter with direct sunlight shots.