View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #3545 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hey thanks for the insight. although i have some change and some toys to play with, i just dont have the luxury to choose which time to take picts. being a dad and working all week long i only get like 2-3hrs per morning on weekends to really play with my cars. which means, i dont get to choose sunny or cloudy. if rainy then obviously i just stay indoors. that said, i need a setup that could work on sunny days as well...and that means i need to have a circular polarizer, no?

nikon offers a factory hood for the lens, i think i will pick one up as well.
im not sure how the polarizer works, but does the hood need to come off when i use the polarizer?

you see, such newb questions... kinda like some of you folks asking... so how to use washlet. do i just press a button and enjoy myself? wow, that's some strong schit!!
The hood and polarizer will work together.

I was not suggesting using the polarizer all the time, just when around glare. A polarizing filter was the first filter I ever purchased for my first SLR, a Canon FTB I got in 1974 or so and I have always had one available for my lenses from all of the film SLRs I have (and have had) to the lenses I use on my DSLR -- a Canon EOS 7D.