View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #3271 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post

Yeah, I might have my guy wrap the 3M CF stuff ALL the way underneath and deeper into the cutouts, but I am just worried about the heat emanated from our tips. Will that melt the vinyl overlay, even if not touching????

And what do you guys think about 3M CFing the mirrors and maybe the B-pillars?!?!??! Too much?
i think with air hitting the DiNoc you're fine just as long as you have at least 8-9mm clearance from the tips. it wasn't able to sustain engine-bay temps (engine cover reaching 180F+ ) but im pretty sure it can sustain temps in the exhaust cut-outs with air circulation.

i did my B-Pillars and they look great! but not sure about the mirrors... there's quite a bit of curvature so it may look too fake when you apply heat and wrap it around while pulling.