View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
pL4tiNumfi5t
Base Member

Drives: 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro
pL4tiNumfi5t will become famous soon enough
Question Service Engine Soon Light, P0456, TSB NTB08-102, no fix?

I purchased my 2009 Z new at the end of last year and the service engine soon light (P0456) has been somewhat of an ongoing problem since. I have taken it into the dealership several times already and they continue to say there is no leak and it's something I'm doing wrong before the ignition starts. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary. Based on several threads, I had the gas cap replaced to eliminate that possible cause.

During my last visit to the dealership they showed me a freeze frame data print out of the diagnostic, and it had the exact readings described in the TSB NTB08-102 (Tsb: All nissan models; dtc p0456 diagnostic information). Also, they said the allotted diagnosis hours on the issue had been exhausted and it may not be covered under warranty if I bring it in again. Well, after resetting the code on Saturday afternoon it came back on ignition this morning.

I noticed the TSB doesn't really provide a solution to the issue. Is that to say there is no fix? Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? It has become quite annoying.

Thanks
pL4tiNumfi5t is offline   Reply With Quote