View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #3092 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
I didnt know much bout photography at all when I got my D90. Its way more camera than I needed. But thats whats great Im constantly growing into it. Everytime I use it I fig new stuff out. The manual looks like the Bible, yes, but dont be scared. Learn your basics and you will be taking great shots with ease. It will become a new hobby I assure you.
Yah, I can see that photography can become my hobby. But I already have another pretty expensive and time consuming hobby so not sure if I want to get into it too deep.
But it would be nice to be able to take real picts of my car.

I talked to the wife to see wat she thought about this. Not that she would stop me from getting the 7100 or 5100, but since I have no clue with cameras she mentioned how about get the 3100 for now and learn the basics and how to use one, understand wat makes a camera good or bad and then use the experience to get a real nice one a few yrs down to keep for a long time. Kinda wat I was thinking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
You have (had) TWO Fits?!?!?!? holy cow!

As for the DSLR purchase, don't get intimidated by the different terminology you've read/seen. The DSLR is still essentially "point and shoot". The biggest difference is you zoom in and out with the lens itself (turn it with your left hand). The camera will do the rest. Just set it to "auto" if you want, and the pics will be stellar already, compared to a regular point and shoot.

Go for what you can afford. Any Nikon or Canon DSLR will do you good. You won't regret it.
Yep I had a 08 that I sold and still have the 09. The 09 is AT and my wife uses it mostly. I am the title holder though. the thing was I wanted to get a R32 (vw) a while ago but they don't come with 6MT. So I ended up getting two Fits one for me, one for her while we raised our little kids. Its a huge pita to get infant carriers in/out of a G35C especially in the rain or while rushed. And putting on a kids 5point is a pita too in a coupe. The Fit did that wonderfully and was worth it. Resale value was excellent so I didn't waste any money. today my kids get in/out by themselves from my G.

Yah considering the crappy picts I'm taking now I think any DSRL will be a nice step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Yup..I keep telling everyone that Ken is a baller..but nobody listens to Happy.

Ken..will you adopt me?
Lol, we're talking about 2 cheezo cars! I am not baller. LOL