View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gungrave
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
Gungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need some help picking which exhaust out of these :)

So I'm pretty new here. I joined awhile back, but I'm rarely on here. Work gets in the way of so many things lol. But anyway I have the 2010 base model and the only mod I have so far is the K&N Typhoon intake. At first I was going to get the Stillen Gen 3, but there's no way I'm gonna take off the front bumper just to clean the filter. I'm way too lazy for all that lol. I already know that I will not get the car boosted and I'm not going to get HFC's either. I might, but I seriously doubt that I'll get headers. I'm not all that conserned about speed, if I wanted to go fast I have a bike so yeah lol. I'm mostly looking for sound when it comes to the exhaust, but do not want the ricer sound. I like the deeper and yet somewhat distinctive Z/G37 sound, if anyone else knows what I'm talking about lol

Anyway here's the exhaust I'm thinking of.

1. Fast Intentions TDX
2. Greddy Turbo Ti-C
3. Greddy Spectrum Elite

For each of these exhausts I have a few questions, well mostly for the first two. First with the Fast Intentions one does the Carbon Fiber muffler make any actual difference for the car, mostly soundwise or is it just lighter? Also what does the resonator do? I have completely no idea what it's supposed to do. I did read something about the 18' Resonator makes the exhaust a little quieter or at least makes it sound less like a ricer. Is this true? And is there another place to order the Fast Intentions exhaust other than their direct website? Or at least is there somewhere else that I can order it for cheaper?

2nd the Turbo Ti-C, do you have to have a turbo on the car to get it installed? Or at least is it basically pointless to have it installed if you don't have it boosted? And do you lose any power if you have it installed without it being boosted? Again I know for a fact that I will not be getting HFC's or get it boosted.

3rd the SE. I more or less just need to know others opinions on this one. I found some vids on it online and I personally just think the sound is "Ok" I'd prefer the Turbo Ti-C instead and the price difference between the two isn't that much (at least that's so far all I found online).

But anyway any help with these questions would be much appreciated I'm a serious newb when it comes to car stuff, but I have a decent bit of knowledge with streetbike mods Also is anyone on here close to the Tampa, FL area?
Gungrave is offline   Reply With Quote