View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 01:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
need4speed
Base Member

Drives: 08 altima 3.5se
need4speed is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
my neighbor, who has had a hyundai elantra for about the past 7 years, traded it in for a 3.8 gen coupe. Brought it over to my house and i was quite impressed with the interior..color combo was gray exterior with the brown leather interior. the interior was very nice, fully loaded with everything. So i take it out on a drive and the exhaust note is beautiful but the gearbox was crap. i got on it a little bit and noticed the torque flattens out wwaayyyyyy too soon on that car. Felt worse then my Mazdaspeed 3 when i lose boost. Overall its a great cruiser but not nearly as much "umph" as the 370 i test drove but does have the quality interior in my opinion. Body looks great especially the rear but the front.........typical hyundai lol
Gotta agree with u there the genesis is strong from 0 to about 80ish. Then falls off
Higher than 80 it drives like any other car. Its a true sports car in many attributes
But falls a lil short on torque. Its not as flat as it looks on the dyno.
But cars like this might possibly catch a second breath over 100mph?
I dunno if its the case with The genesis.
I know my altima smooths out at around 90-95ish but catches a
Second breath around 110 or so... lol which is a lil scary the 1st time it happens
Cuz its like it suddenly revs hard n gets to 127ish really really fast.... lol
(Nissans are fun cars) back to genesis coupe...
The list of mods though is growing n that's good. When the car was given to
The aftermarket to make parts for it last year. They said they wouldn't be able
To fit a turbo in the 3.8 so they would go supercharger. Low n behold.
Now there's a turbo for it. Saw a vid on you tube. 503hp. It was very impressive.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote