View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #52 (permalink)
bboypuertoroc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '06 Evo IX GSR
bboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -evo aaron- View Post
hahah, who said he^ was running pump gas? i dont remember seeing that being anhywhere. and being an evo owner myself (one who is soon to have an FP RED running similar similar boost) I could tell you that he isnt running pump... unless its with a meth injection kit.
race gas or E85 FTW
im saving to have my evo tuned on E85 by september with some nice mods,

4G63 Evos can handle 550whp on stock block for sure. ARP head studs just to keep the head in place, many many evo owners have been running these numbers for a good period of time on there evos.

and as far as the 8/9 vs 10 goes......
ya the X is fast, yes it handles well, but it did not evolve from the previous model..... new chassis, new engine, new looks, no EVOLUTION TOOK PLACE.
stock for stock the 9 beats the 10 on the track its proven.

(and for everyone wondering why an evo owner is on the Z forums, I plan on buying one soon i have always loved them and the new nismo 370z in black has me sold)
Um... I said I'm running pump gas. 30psi on 92oct to be exact. No knock. Great DLL numbers (haven't had a chance to hit a dyno and still haven't finished tuning the AFR, so there's still a little power left on the table).

Like I already said... the X IS an evolution of the IX. It's like saying the VII wasn't an evolution of the VI (which is somewhat true, lol) or the IV wasn't an evolution of the III. It's a better all around car... there's no arguing that. There's no arguing that it's better on the track than a IX... anybody that's ran both at any kind of event will tell you this. Of course it's not as fast/quick as a XI on the drag strip, but that's a moot point since drag racing is NOT what the car was built for.