View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
For the first time in the 370, I ended up in ten miles of stop and go traffic, over one hour. From all the complaining about clutch engagement I've heard, how hard it is, tiring etc. I just want to say next time "Go tell it the Marines". What a bunch of lazy out of shape pansy's we have here. My 370 was the easiest clutch to engage over and over, I have ever known. My 1953 Chevy clutch would likely kill some. The same clutch my Grandma drove until she was 86.

If this deters you from buying a manual, you need more exercise. It is not the cars fault. No, it is not fun to crawl in traffic with or without an automatic.

This subject now reminds me of the whole VDC off, equals sure death opinion. Please do not blame the car for your own deficiencies.
+1

I have no clue why people bitch about manuals in traffic. Have owned cars with heavier clutches than in the 370Z, Mustang, my Z, etc. and had no problem for hours in traffic rolling through Houston. My advice is the same as yours. Some people need to stop being physical failures at life. (barring of course legitimate medical reasons/injury)
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote