View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rooster89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: fast
Rooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I spent three years in Kandahar, & while I was there VMA-214 & -231 passed through, along with VMFA-232. Those guys would walk over to our hanger about once a month, looking for hardware, or to use the sheet metal forming machines. I can understand the pride those guys feel, but the elitist attitude never came across to me.

BTW I'm a former 15U (CH-47 mech), & I go way back to when aviation MOS were 67 series. I taught a lot of young mechs & new crew chiefs in my time, & yep, there were times I though the same thing you do, Rooster.

I finally hung up the uniform in 07, & became a contractor. I got to Kandahar, & it initially seemed that I picked up where I left off, helping the young maint troops. I never withheld knowledge from those guys. They needed all the help they could get.
Ahhhh, you were a hooker.

Last edited by Rooster89; 12-07-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Rooster89 is offline   Reply With Quote