Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #365 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

7AT cooler installed, finally. Started out with Stillen's kit. The fittings and hoses they ship give you 3/8" hose ends where it connects to the car, and the car's hard line fittings are 5/16", and I just didn't feel comfortable with that. I emailed Stillen about it (twice, 2 days apart) and never got a response, so I figured I was on my own best judgement.

I kept the M22 -> -6AN Male black fittings they shipped that screw directly into the Setrab (and still used their bracket to mount the Setrab), but from there on I used separately sourced fittings and hose. The fittings are these part numbers from Summit Racing:

2x AER-FBM2978 - Aeroquip 90 degree swivel -6AN F-to-F
2x AEI-15635 - Aeromotive -6AN Male to 5/16" hose barb

And then some Gates J1019-rated 5/16" ID hose and 4x quality hose clamps. The rest of the process/parts is basically as Stillen's directions indicate. I've given it a short-but-aggressive test drive and an hour of highway driving coming home last night, and no leaks or issues so far.

One more mod crossed off the list, next up is probably the new brake rotors, I think they'll arrive here before my LTHs do.