View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #1125 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
100-round mag dumps. Looks like a great way to ruin a good barrel much faster. Each to their own....I think I'll stick with semi auto.
Ditto. I've played with bump-firing my AR-15 before, and had the opportunity to shoot various full autos for fun. My favorite was a 9mm MP5 that a DEA guy brought out to a shoot in north texas a few years back. In recoil terms it felt like a full auto BB-gun, and it was just a blast to play with.

But when it comes down to it, full auto isn't all that useful in any scenario I'm ever likely to encounter. Generally it's only tactically practical for laying down suppressive fire, and I just don't see myself ever needing to cover someone with suppressive full auto fire in any defensive situation I'm likely to run into, even if the zombies do come.

If they were cheap, I'd buy full autos for range toys (and still not use them for defensive rifles). But at post-1986 prices, forget it, I'll stick with semis at the range too.