View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #90 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
once again, i agree. if i recall correctly, i believe i had said my prius is almost as fast as my old rx8 in a low end pull. i rip it a new one when they deserve it, not randomly over some myths.

my corvette made more power than my 370 at wot, yet it burnt a little less gas than my z. does it make it better? perhaps? i am not arguing what is better and worse, i am just stating something non owners dont know about.

i drive 30k miles a year, the gas i save helps me burn some of the money with my stupid hobby. i dont street race or have to show off anymore, so why am i gooing to lug around a car that gets 20mpg on premium when i can drive one that gets 45tmpg. i understand the z is more fun to drive, but its not fun for me to drive on the street because of the cops and the expense. i also dont have anything to prove as i am happily married, runs fast enough at the track to not shame myself or the car and make enough money. so i am not ashamed of anything.
Whether you are ashamed or not, a Prius just doesn't strike me as very cost effective. Did you get it dirt cheap used, or did you actually pay near $30K for it?

If you got it used, I understand, good call.

If new...wtf?
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote