View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 AM   #81 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

You have your opinions, which I agree with some of it. Here are some you are absolutely wrong or I don't agree on.

#1 232HP is not a lot in 2011, but it was respectable back in 2004. It's all about expectations. Is that a quirk? Maybe. I sold mine because I expected too much from 232HP.

#2 The FC RX-7 turbo held up pretty well, it was the modded cars and the poorly maintained 3rd gens that had problems. I will be the first one to tell you they have crappy highway or even around town gas mileage, but did you know that they get better gas mileage at WOT than the VQ? The difference is over 15%.

#3 Eco-boost is just a fancy term for direct fuel injection and turbocharging. Big whoopie, they have been looking at it yet they are either too stupid or too dumb to care about it. It's just Mazda as a company, never forward thinking.

Masturbating in the Prius is great, plenty of room and a great AC. It is also a great rain day track car, you should give it a shot and see how well you will do against it. With all that said, I can still hop back in the Z when I need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone1 View Post
I think it's a combination of being underpowered and also all of it's quirks.

I've heard those arguments for a larger or boosted engine, and it would be completely retarded. You'd get like 5 mpg, and if it was boosted you'd be swapping engines once a week from blowing them.

V6 in the MS6 isn't bad. Plus I'm pretty sure they can still raid the Ford parts bin, I don't know why they aren't snagging Eco-Boost and doing something with it
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote