View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #62 (permalink)
Hambone1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 7AT Sport
Hambone1 has a spectacular aura aboutHambone1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
its people like you and retards at mazda that killed the car. the rx program had always been underfunded and undeveloped. morons at mazda are too conservative to do something ground breaking to the motor (ie turbo). the motor design itself is basically 25+ years old, think about gas mileage on cars from that era. the ford parts are a disaster, see problems with the mazda 6 v6 and mpv vans

mazda is still the only japanese car company to have won lemans, nissan and toyota didnt. the fuel mileage on the rotary is also better at high rpms. its a great racing engine, but terrible for highway cruise.
I'm flattered that you are able to give me credit for having a say in Mazda's business strategies, however, I must admit I really played only a tiny part. I'm just curious, how would you quantify my significant involvement in killing the RX-8? By saying that it really will never catch on as a mainstream technology, which has been born out time and again with solid numbers such as sales figures? Or was it my point saying maybe it's time to cut their losses, raid a parts bin that by all accounts is vastly improved, and use said parts to make the product better? Furthermore, if you wouldn't mind finding me a nice route that the common commuter has to work where they are able to maintain high revs the majority of the time, I'd appreciate it.
Hambone1 is offline   Reply With Quote