View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecus View Post
it's funny because the RX-8 guys say the exact same thing about Nissan and the Z lol something about a crouched down frog-catfish. To each their own I guess. And idk about those slalom numberrs because the Mustang GT got a 68 or something when in reality, it's no where near on the same level as the Z.

And what about the MT gearbox? After driving the genesis coupe I've become a lot more picky about them, that thing was horrible! Plus I'm still a little new to stick shift so I don't want something that's near impossible to drive smoothly

I've owned a ton of different cars including a DC5.

I did a LOT of shopping around before I chose my Z... I drove:

350Z
370Z
S2000 (04+ AP2)
Genesis Coupe 2.0t & 3.8 GT
Mustang GT (2010 model as the 2011 wasn't out yet)
RX8
EVO X GSR( I sold my STi slightly before the Z so I wasn't really interested in owning another Subaru so soon)
Camaro SS (although it was a bit out of my price range)
BMW 335i Coupe
BMW 135i Coupe

I looked into all of them, did all of my research and honestly, the RX8 was out of the picture from the beginning. I would rather own a Genesis 3.8 before the RX8.

When I did the math, considered what I wanted and what I was buying, my choices were narrowed down to the 370Z, S2000 and the Gen Coupe 3.8.

I've come from a heritage of Hondas (about 10 or so in the last few years,) I wanted something new (to me.)

The S2000 is a great car. It has a great engine, great gearbox and it will last forever. It is pricey to get big power out of them and the rear ends blow up with the slightest of hard launches. It is small and somewhat under powered if you're used to torque.

The Gen coupe is just garbage IMO... but I know people frown upon hearing the truth so I will make this brief. It's cheaply made and the technology and heritage just isn't on par with the Z. I drove the first 3.8 Track that came to my local dealer ship the DAY they unloaded it.

I was disappointed with the clutch and the gearbox. The power wasn't really there either until you rev'd the piss out of it.

I really thought about buying the Hyundai because of the value, but then I asked myself... what is important to me?

I went back and saved up a little more cash and planned out my purchase of the 370Z for a few months. I was a member on this forum for a few months before I ever found the car I own today.

Everyone is different, but the Z has the quality of Nissan (they make one of the best supercars in the world, yes I called the GTR a supercar) and some of that technology is going to trickle down into there other cars.

Long story short (I know I wrote a book just now) but I got out of the Gen Coupe, went across the street and drove a Z and it was so obvious, I felt like an ******* for thinking of spending my hard earned money on an inferior car.

I love my Z. I would suggest going to a dealership and driving one for yourself. Try to drive them both in the same day to really keep the comparison open.

TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote