View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #37 (permalink)
Drex
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 370z MB 6MT SP
Drex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
I don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but I'm coming from an rsx and was wondering about the difference (no one ever compares the 2 for obvious reasons ) is the extra weight/size really noticeable or was it easy to adjust to? How about the outside view between the two?
You say handling was about the same but I guess I was expecting more...in the s2k forums they say that the s2k is on a whole new level, that the turns they made in the rsx at 35mph, they now make at 60-70...did you have a similar feeling with your Z or you think they're just exaggerating?
the extra weight is noticeable. i believe the z weighs approx. 500 lbs more than the rsx, which you will feel right away. however, imo it makes the car feel more stable and planted, especially at higher speeds. a few passengers have commented on it too.

the z is actually lower and shorter than the rsx, but it is wider by a few inches. i still find myself double checking that i am in my lane on occasion due to the extra width, but i have become more comfortable over time.

the visibility is way worse. like the above poster said, you have to really rely on your mirrors. the back side windows are worthless and you cannot see out of them. rear visibility isn't horrible compared to the rsx, but not as good.

since i am still in the break in period, my view on the handling differences probably isn't worth as much since i am still feeling out the z's limits. however, just yesterday, i was taking this long 270 degree turn/on ramp that i could usually take at 45mph max in my rsx. i looked down at the speedo, and i was going 55 without even realizing it. it felt like there was room to go faster (but i didn't try).