View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #105 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullRR View Post
Sorry to bring this thread from the dead.... But I have BC Coilovers and I experience this Clunk as well. I do not have after market sways.

It sounds as if the spring is popping in and out in the rear. However I have my Coils with the 230MM Spring and I'm lowered about 1.25. It seems to go away once suspension or car warms up. I Have no clue what it is, but any ideas/input would be great.
probably not enough preload. When you jack up the car and remove the wheel and the suspension is hanging loose, is there ANY space between the top of the spring and the perch? the spring should be slightly compressed even when the suspension is hanging loose.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote