View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #147 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon FM View Post
A couple ~easy things that will help (if you haven't done them already).

Change your brake fluid to Dot 4. I use Motul

Change engine oil, trans and diff fluids to something with higher temperature capability. I use Redline for all.

Start with a lower pressure in your tires. They will heat up and get too hard for good traction. And then check your pressures immediately after finishing your session.

I don't think I can make 5/31. (Longevity)
I already changed my brake fluid to DOT 5.1 (AP racing). It isn't teflon but it has an even higher boiling point than DOT 4. DOT 5 is teflon and will not work with ABS, 5.1 is miscable with DOT 3, 4, etc.

The Proformance team disagrees about underinflation. They say to inflate 20% over manufacturer recommended pressure. For us that is 7 lbs over Nissan's recommended pressure of 35psi. I am running at 42 psi all around.

I am using Esther oil. It appears to be good at high temps. By the way, the Michelins barely got warm on the track, not even close to hot. Maybe I am just too slow to really heat them up. Also the Michelins are Z rated. They flex much less than the W-rated Potenzas.

I'm sorry you can't make it on the 31st. Maybe one of these days we can get together.

Last edited by SeattleLion; 05-18-2011 at 11:58 AM.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote