View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Dizzy
Base Member

Drives: 10 HW 6MT SPT/NAV
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sweet Z View Post
I got a quote from Jeff @ Audio Heaven for front fascia, partial hood & fender, mirror caps and partial lower rocker panel.
He quoted me $1200 for the work. Seems a little high to what some of the other guys where paying out there. I know you had a little more work done than what I am looking at, but I would like to gauge his price a little.

Also it will take about a day to complete - so give him 8 hours of work and a couple hours for prep = $1200 / 10 hours = $120 / hr ( nice shop rate)
That sounds about right considering what I paid. Don't forget the $1200 includes the materials too. It's not as simple as dividing it by $1200.

Yes, there were other cheaper places around, but I really wanted Jeff's product, ventureshield. Also, after ready all his reviews on other forums, I also wanted an installer I knoew I wouldn't have a single issue with. As I mentioned before, right after the install, a piece lifted and they replaced it without a single question.

I'm a fair believer in the profecy "you get what you pay for", and I will fork out a few extra dollars for a shop I am certain I will have no issues with.

You can go elsewhere and save a few $100, but will you get the ventureshield (some are perfectly happy with 3M - not me) and will you get a perfect install?