View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to think the gas cap thing is bogus. It is evaporative leak. It's just too sensitive. I have headers, hfc's, G3 intakes, etc. I drive it all the time.... never a CEL light. I park it for 3 weeks to get my wheels powdercoated and pinstriped. As soon as I fire it up, it throws an evaporative leak code. I was at 1/2 tank of gas, so it never thought the gas cap wasn't tight enough for the first half of that tank. Then it bleeds down, or whatever it is that happens after 3 weeks of 100 degree days and 70 degree nights and when I fire it up, it freaks out.

PS I went straight to the dealer. It didn't phase them, like this is normal to them. They unplugged my battery (cause I lost my radio settings) an within 30 minutes said, "OK, Fixed for free."

Last edited by Phimosis; 07-09-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote