View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #43 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post

Well it helps that he's in the Atlanta area where the surface roads, while not as good as they are here in Florida...are NOWHERE near as bad as New York!

Edit: Ken..where are you based out of? I naturally assumed NY.
i question my friends that slam their cars in nyc when they know just as well as i do that the roads are horrible. there were times that i'm not as focused as i should be on the road and hit a pothole and thought that i woulda been screwed if i were slammed or aggressively dropped. i need my car functional. granted there are people who like the 'low n slow' style but i cant imagine myself driving 15mph everywhere i go, especially in a z. i've already heard of a few cases of cracked open oil pans from riding slammed here. i ask them, y not just raise it an inch, and they respond saying it'll look retarded then. i have to disagree if you cant ride more than 15mph and looking out for every crack on the road, speed bumps, potholes, etc.
1 was driving home with my friend with a evo x, and 2 other guys in slammed civics. i told them just follow me onto the LIE highway since it should be along the way anyways. they said they couldnt cause the grooves on parts of that highway will scrap and crack their oilpans. i just sighed in my head and waited for them to find an alternative route on their phones. i intend to eventually drop in coilovers, but i'll wait until nyc is done fixing the roads that were destroyed after this past winter.
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote