View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #5490 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

The Google OS to me is them just taking their mobile OS and bring it up to a larger screen interface. Take the iPhone interface style and put it on a 24" screen basically, would run great and is super light weight. Probably one of the many reasons they will only be bringing this to netbook/touchscreen tablets (such as the Archos line) first.
Other Google products I have enjoyed over the years, Gmail (joined in 05), documents I started using last year, etc. Chrome brought some new heat to the field in web browser but it is to light weight still. Now Google just needs to let the users (such as Firefox does) add a little and it could quickly start taking some market share.

I believe Google's plan, one reason they are bring so many things about of beta (first Chrome now gmail/documents) is to hit the corporate world. To really make it and take on Microsoft you need to get some major support from big companies and not just your home user (home user will just buy what is cheap).