View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemers View Post
So what kind do you have? Are they hydraulic? How long have you had them?
I have only had on for a few months but my car has been off the road for 6 and I have been working on my car alott ,I must have opened & closed my hood 50-100 times(I was putting on ,Gen3,oil cooler,headlight mods)so my hood & shocks got more work on them than most people do on this site in 1yr.
Yes they are hydraulic but what people don't understand is when open the pressure is @ it's strongest but when you start to pull it down some of the pressure bleeds off,it's not at it's strongest the whole way,and as the hood is closing you have the hood weight on your side to help with closing it.

Now some guys put these on their cars shut the hood and say"my hood shocks are holding my hood up in the back"the shocks are NOT holding the hood up it is the plastic cover that cover the battery,brake master cylinder it is a very tight fit it took me a little while to figure out where they(shocks)need to go mine stuck up just a little most people would never see it but I just took off the covers heated them up with a heat gun and ever so slightly put a small bow in it to give the shocks some more room problem solved.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote