View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
ZOLE
Base Member

Drives: 370Z PG Touring MT
ZOLE will become famous soon enoughZOLE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I dont know if anyone do this but i tend to leave maybe 2-3 feet of space infront of me when i am at a stop light or in situations where i have to stop. I will be constantly keeping an eye on cars behind me and i will release my break so my car inches forward a bit if i sense that cars are coming a lil fast or getting a lil close.

Just trying my best to avoid situations like that.
I hear ya. I'm so paranoid about people flying up from behind me when I'm stopped. This goes back to 4 years ago when some a$$hole hit me from behind in my eclipse (I was stopped and he was doing 50mph, he was on a cell phone not paying attention) and ultimately I wound up with a herniated disc and 2 bulging discs in my neck. I didn't see a doctor after the collision because I felt fine, but a year and half later my disc ruptured in the middle of the night.

My physical therapist told me she's seen this happen to alot of people, and that what happens is the force is strong enough to weaken the outer disc material and it may not rupture until some time later (in my case 1.5 years).

This is a warning to anyone who gets rear-ended. Go see a doctor even if you feel fine. That way you have something to back up a claim if you need to get medical compensation later. I wish I had.

Last edited by ZOLE; 05-07-2011 at 09:29 PM.
ZOLE is offline   Reply With Quote