View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Jjaden
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/MAT SILVER/6MT
Jjaden has a spectacular aura aboutJjaden has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
adam - just to clarify your question to me: no, keeping it in the dark for 6 months won't do a thing. once the sunlight hits it (and i assure you it will, unless you want a permanent garage ornament), the resin used on the CF WILL discolor and cloud, no matter what. so you'd be paying baller money to get a full CF car...that will eventually turn out...well, you get the picture

while it's never going to have the WOW factor of a full CF car (which i never quite understood anyway, i think it's nasty looking to have a full CF car honestly), black with CF accents will look very, VERY good. if you were able to set aside that much cash for a full CF project, though, i might suggest getting the car painted to a dark gunmetal gray or something, so the CF accents have something to contrast against.
Thanks man, I appreciate the honesty. I totally agree with the 'going gunmental' and have always regretted not waiting for the 4oth anniversary.

I abolutely love the dark gunmetal of my GF's 2008 911 Turbo. The car always looks clean even when it's filthy, hides all scratches and looks amazing, so I think when it's time for a re-paint I'm going to track down the paint code and see if I can swing it.

Either that or repaint black and clear-bra my entire car, because to be blunt Nissan's black paint sucks, and if the Z is used as a daily driver the way I have, the paint looks chipped and crappy after 18 months.

I do agree that the gunmetal colour will contrast nicely with some exposed CF accents.

Last edited by Jjaden; 05-06-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Jjaden is offline   Reply With Quote