View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
So i was at the dealer earlier to get some parts i order and i decided to go to the supply department and get some copper washer for my first oil change. The sales personnel told me that using other oil filters instead of the nissan factory filters will void my warranty.

I was shocked but i didnt wanna argue. Anyone know if it is true? I swear i read about this somewhere and the conclusion was using other branded oil filters will not void any warranties..
That dealer just broke a federal law. There was a US supreme court ruling (can't remember the reference), that turned the whole "you must use OEM filters" lie from manufacturers on its ear.

If they say that it will void any warranty, they can and have been successfully sued. It's garbage what they're saying. Part of the reason is that ALL car manufacturers DON'T make their own filters. Aftermarket companies do. And to say that not using OEM filters voids a warranty is like saying that there is no filters made that will. (Part of the ruling from the courts.)

I suggest you go elsewhere. They're telling you a lie (and they should know it).

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote