View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #55 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
The 370Z is not lighter than the 350Z. Nissan claimed it was, but every magazine that has weighed them have noted they actually weigh the same as the 06-08 350Zs, and more than 03-05 350Zs. Pre-production 370Zs weighed a little less, but then additional safety equipment was added to the final product which added weight.

Anyways, all 07-08 350Zs (also 09 Convertibles) had the new VQ35HR motor, which is essentially the motor our VQ37HR is based on - just with less displacement and a few minor internal differences. Power differences between 350Zs were: 287HP > 300HP > 306HP. So our 370Z has anywhere between 26-45HP more. 370Zs also have a carbon fiber driveshaft, which reduces unsprung weight considerably for much better acceleration.

Then you simply look at the interiors - the 350Zs best interior with navi still looks like it was made from a bin of plastics used to make legos. Where as the 370Zs best interior looks and feels absolutely wonderful all around. Headlights, taillights, every single body panel, suspension, etc. are all different - the cars share practically nothing expect for the 6-speed transmission.
nicely put. I should pass this on to anyone thinking about buying a 370.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
The motors are a bit more different than that. The valve setup is totally different (variable timing on bothintake and exhaust instead of only intake). This allowed for a bit more power and better gas mileage atr the same time.
Yet another good point I neet to take note of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
the appearance is major.
That in itself is the "biggest" diff to most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
woah...someone needs new camera...
Should I tell them about my DSLR, Ken???? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Once upon a time, the 350Z was pretty awesome, and it got more and more awesomer until the 2008, which was the most awesomest 350Z ever.

Then, it got 20 more of whatever the 350Z had 350 of, and it was the 370Z, which is even MORE awesomer.

The end.

Seriously, as an owner of both and a fan of the car, the 370 chassis is still the FM platform like the 350Z was. As was mentioned, the chassis is shorter, wider, lighter, stiffer... The 370Z is improved in almost every way.

I honestly didn't believe it would be that great. I got in my 350Z (not worn out or anything, just 15K miles!) and drove it to the dealer to test out a 370 thinking it would feel about the same but just look better.

It's not a night-and-day difference, but the turn-in is sharper, the car feels much more precise, the whole experience is just better in terms of a "sports car feel."

Anyway, due to it being the same shared platform I don't know if I'd say it's a whole different car but it's certainly different enough where it counts.
Agreed.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 05-03-2011 at 05:28 PM.