View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Once upon a time, the 350Z was pretty awesome, and it got more and more awesomer until the 2008, which was the most awesomest 350Z ever.

Then, it got 20 more of whatever the 350Z had 350 of, and it was the 370Z, which is even MORE awesomer.

The end.

Seriously, as an owner of both and a fan of the car, the 370 chassis is still the FM platform like the 350Z was. As was mentioned, the chassis is shorter, wider, lighter, stiffer... The 370Z is improved in almost every way.

I honestly didn't believe it would be that great. I got in my 350Z (not worn out or anything, just 15K miles!) and drove it to the dealer to test out a 370 thinking it would feel about the same but just look better.

It's not a night-and-day difference, but the turn-in is sharper, the car feels much more precise, the whole experience is just better in terms of a "sports car feel."

Anyway, due to it being the same shared platform I don't know if I'd say it's a whole different car but it's certainly different enough where it counts.