View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I was following some of the Japanese blogs for a while and the consensus they seemed to all arrive at was the temp solution was threefold:
  1. oil cooler
  2. supplemental radiator for engine coolant
  3. ECU programming
I wonder whether the original 370Z press cars that were first driven on closed circuits here in the States, where they photographed the screened opening in the driver's side fender well, wasn't really an supplemental radiator cooler the likes that ARC developed, but has not yet released to the public yet. It was mentioned, but not substantiated by the magazine articles as an additional oil cooler.

ARC was addressing the problem with a long, but not high, angled longitudinal oil cooler to aid in not disrupting the oil level reading, plus allow the oil to be constantly in the loop versus the other solutions we've seen. Nissan response to the North American market has been to source stateside regular stocking items into a kit form; neither a proper nor a comprehensive solution in my eyes.