Thread: 370Z vs TT-RS
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Frankly, our cars don't have bad brakes. They have bad brake pads and can use more cooling. With better cooling, the stock pads would actually be fine for a little C&D test. And their crash in the wall wasn't brake fade...I'd almost guarantee they ice'd.

I'd love to have the TT-RS. My father has a TTS and it's a sick little car. The double clutch is incredibly fast but also incredibly boring to use. Thank goodness Audi realizes that the manual is the car to deliver over here. 99.99% of TTRS owners will never time-trial race their cars, so the twin clutch benefits really do nothing except driving experience.

CMike,

Thanks for posting that link. I missed that. 3.6s is stupid fast and the territory of AWD cars or extreme RWD supercars only (or less extreme, rear-engine supercars ). The Z can't compete with those numbers. Interestingly though, the Z's track lap time wasn't far off the TT-RS. Drop the $$ difference between the two cars into the Z and the TT-RS is toast.