View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

I measured 27.7"F 27.8"R (full tank)

I I lowered to 26.0" (-1.7") and it was not usable as a sports car. As a poseur car, it would be cool, but not livable if you had any driveways you wanted to get in to.

I went up to 26.3" (-1.4") and it was close to being usable as a sports car, but really difficult on driveways and with fender rubbing on heavy cornering loads and chin spoiler scraping under braking.

Then I went to 26.5" (-1.2") and it's now tolerable. Chin spoiler still crapes under braking. I still have to be careful with exhaust going over speed bumps and chin spoiler in driveways. But, nothing scraped on the open road other than chin spoiler during performance driving.

Most recently I went to 15 mm Ichiba spacers front and rear with 275/35/19 F and 305/30/19 R at 26.5". The fronts now scrape the fender liners under heavy cornering. The rears are just fine.

I have Megan Racing dampers, with 30 position damping as well. I run #10 from firmest. It is very firm, but keeps nose from touching down so often.

Sounds like the performance of my setup is very similar to yours. It's tolerable, but you have to be careful with it.... good for a weekend play car, but not good for a daily driver.

Last edited by Phimosis; 07-06-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote