View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I don't really see the utility of all season tires on the Z. You lose the dry/warm-weather performance of summer tires and you still don't have a tire that's safe in a snowy winter climate. If you garage your Z all winter, it's all the more reason to have summer tires.

Summer tires have good responses and traction down to about 45F. If it's colder than that, your winter tires will be happy in that environment. The all-seasons are just all-compromise on a sports car.

Realize that by removing the summer tires and installing all season tires, you're immediately dropping your car's performance abilities. And if you're OK doing that, you probably bought the wrong car in the first place!
In general there's a lot of truth to what you are saying but there are some exceptions to the rule. Granted someone looking for excellent ultra high performance all seasons is going to have to pay well over $1200 for there tires but there are tires out there capable of giving summer tire level performance.
Will they be the number one tire? No. Will gthey do the job? YES

What you have also failed to put into consideration is the op is from NY. Being a new yorker myself I can attest to the fact he will most likely spend nearly 5 out of 12 months under 45 degrees. It would not be as fun for him to store his car like many of us that are living south of the mason-dixon line and see 2 or 3 month winters. So saying he bough the wrong car is kinda off considering the full circumstances of his geographic location.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote